ackfoo

foo to yoo

Monday, March 06, 2006

Yahoo! 360 sucks

Problem 1: Stupid URLs
you might want yours to look like (say) http://ackfoo.blogspot.com. Dignified. Easy to remember and type. However, if you join Yahoo 360, you get a blog with a url like http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OhTKPNY6calDS0Ql5OTstYDYl_QQ7noznDuQAUfyR.M-?cq=1&p=13#comments. That's a serious "you gotta be kidding me" moment. I guess that idea is that you can invite people (your Yahoo! friends)

Problem 2: Must be a Yahoo! member to post comments. Trolls hate sunlight. And actually, sometimes I want to post anonymously even if I am a registered member of the site (imagine!). Believe it or not, there are a number of reasons you might want to do this. Well, you can't on Yahoo! 360. You also can't use html in your comments. Plain text baby, it was good enough for BBS users in 1984, it's good enough for Yahoo!

And yes, I always type the official Yahoo! name because it reminds me, every time, how annoying any company that has an exclamation point as part of their name truly is. And Yahoo! is truly annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home